Help for Map 3D

cbuckner

Does anyone know where i can get help in figuring out all the details and how to use AutoCad Map 3D? I understand for the most part all of the basics for regular AutoCad, but there is alot of stuff that is very different in this version that i have no idea how to use. Tutorials or anything?

• 2 months later...

yep, tutorials would be good! i use ArcGIS, so some objective analysis of how these progs work together would be great. ERSI and AutoDESK don't approve of this dual work process, for obvious reasons!!

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know where i can get help in figuring out all the details and how to use AutoCad Map 3D? I understand for the most part all of the basics for regular AutoCad, but there is alot of stuff that is very different in this version that i have no idea how to use. Tutorials or anything?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=AutoCAD+MAP+tutorials

^ Let me google it for you!

But seriously, the help files on the Autodesk website are actually very inciteful with teaching you how to do just about anything.

Oh! Actually, if you look up something called "Murph's Law", a webpage made by one of the regulars at the Autodesk website, he shows how to do a lot of things there and is much friendlier than consulting the help files.

http://map3d.wordpress.com/

Edited by Jwilson
Added content

• 2 months later...
Oh! Actually, if you look up something called "Murph's Law", a webpage made by one of the regulars at the Autodesk website, he shows how to do a lot of things there and is much friendlier than consulting the help files.

http://map3d.wordpress.com/

I heard that the guy that runs that site is looking for work too. ;)

That's terribly funny! :lol:

What a compliment, ehh Murph_map... if that is in deed your real name, sir!?

... Mr. "The world is NOT flat so why is your GIS data?"

I don't think Jwilson knows who you are, which is genuinely sweet, but hysterically funny.

That's terribly funny! :lol:

What a compliment, ehh Murph_map... if that is in deed your real name, sir!?

... Mr. "The world is NOT flat so why is your GIS data?"

I don't think Jwilson knows who you are, which is genuinely sweet, but hysterically funny.

Indeed a compliment, thanks. There's a Jwilson that posts else where too may not be the same one.

Indeed a compliment, thanks. There's a Jwilson that posts else where too may not be the same one.

Are you still moderating over at 'the other place'? :unsure:

None-the-less, CADTutor users will greatly benefit from your membership here.

Are you still moderating over at 'the other place'? :unsure:

None-the-less, CADTutor users will greatly benefit from your membership here.

Yes, even with the log in issue I'm still there(for now). I joined over here a while back along with the Swamp but it was sort of dead on the MAP3D side and never checked back in until recently.