Plumbing in AutoCAD MEP 2011???

chelsea1307

I found in anther thread that if you want to do plumbing with autocad MEP you have to download a extension and to do that you have to have a subscription. No problem there, on a subscription, went to the autodesk website and found, what I think is what they were talking about, but it only goes up to 2009? have they not released it for 2010 or 2011 or is it built in? or can you use the 2009 download for 2010/2011?

• 1 month later...

all that "aditional content" is now built into MEP now. it does plumbing, HVAC, piping (now with mechanical joints and many more pipe materials to choose from) MEP is awesome for all but dirtwork if you ask me. Comes with Architectural built in too... so you can do many types of slabs, wall, staircases, roof, structural members, etc etc...

• 5 months later...

I see that there are some plumbing items showing at the Pallette Group in Build section. However it seems that it's setup for HVAC as the standard initial layout. How do you get it to plumbing rather than the HVAC? Thanks.

Bottom Right corner.. icon that looks like a gear.. click and switch to plumbing... also just above that is a drop down menu.. change that to plumbing or MEP basic 2 line. Your ribbon, and tool pallets should update to reflect the change in workspace, and display settings.