Components? tell me about them?

gcp310

Ok, i want to setup a library of components that i will use for 3d kitchen layouts.

i have drawn a 600w 560d 720h LHS cupboard that i have the carcase on its own layer and colour [white] and the door i have on its own layer and colour [blue]

when i bring the component into the new drawing, i use the bucket tool to try and change the colour of the door, but instead some of the carcase edges change colour and the door stays the same. if i explode the component, then i can change the colour of the door.

is there somewhere i can read up about components as google is a bit vague

• 2 weeks later...

got it working

SKU002.jpg

i set the carcase up with parts having white colour and then made into groups, the door was left as default and not set as a group.

then when its dragged into a new drawing, it comes in as a component, and i then use the bucket tool to apply a colour that changes the door only.

happy, so far :)

SKU001.jpg