Installation of Microstation

dasato

Hello, I have a very old version of Microstation SE for Windows NT, but now I need to install software on a server with Windows 2008. The installation goes smoothly, but when running Microstation an error occurs and it does not work. The error is: MDL abort in DITEMS Unable to start ditems.ma. Despite being old, this Microstation is not compatible with Windows 2008?

Grateful for the help!

dasato, are you still paying Bentley Select fees for this version of MicroStation? Are you actually trying to work with DGN files or do you need to just open and view DGN files?

Sorry but it probably wont work at all. You could try to locate the MDL file and remove it to see if it is really necessary. If you answer the questions above I could offer some other solutions.

HTH,

Bob Mecham

envisioncad.com

I know with v8 there is a installation package you need to install. No idea if a similar thing had to be done with SE

Future Microstation questions can be posted in its own subforum by the way.

Also, I have no experience specifically with Windows Sever and very little with visualization software, but that might be something to look into.

dtaylor, there was no prerequisite pack for MicroStation SE. It was released in 1997 and was only around for a year before they released MicroStation J (v7).

Hello Envisioncard. Currently we do not pay fees to Betley. We only have the license to use the software. Here we work with the dgn file, however, for this server, the license of Microstation is used to convert files dgn in cgm by a bat. Thanks for your help!

dasato, well if you are not on select then you can not upgrade the software for free and because you are using it to export a CGM file then Bentley View will not help you.

My only recommendation would be to try to get it loaded on an XP Pro OS and cross your fingers or pay for the upgrade. You could probably get by with PowerDraft for a lower cost for design work and batch export files to CGM.

Sorry,

Bob Mecham

envisioncad.com