Material thickness in title block

stevsmith

I'm one of those kinds of people who always forget to dimension the material thickness. And being mainly in the sheet metal industry, you an imagine how silly this is.

I'm looking for a way for my title block to automatically add the material thickness, but when I look to enter the "pre-set" parameter it only specifies the material type. There is no option for thickness.

I know in Solidworks you can set it using "$prp" blah blah. I'm just wondering if Inventor is the same.

Thanks.

Stevie

Thickness Parameter.jpg

If you are using the sheet metal part file, just go in manage, fx paremeters and make sure the export parameter is check for thickness. After that it should appear in your list, but instead of going in model properties, go in custom properties and there you have it. also if you want to make the thickness appear in the description, you have to write, =

ex: = Plate x x this could show something like this : Plate 0.375" x 6.000" x 7.000"

If you are not using the sheet metal, you can just go find the variable that correspond to your thickness and export it just like mentionned above, a good thing would also be to give it a better name like thickness...