Inventor Assembley

rinaldo53

I'm a novice with Inventor.

My question is, I have my parts made, and I'm putting together an assembly. I can restrain most parts where they should be. The trouble I'm having is: for example, say you have a pole that is 20 ft tall, and you want to attach 3 brackets to the side of the pole at 5' high, 10' high, and 15' high. I can constrain them to the pole, but I can't seem to constrain the brackets to those dimensions. Any ideas?

thanks

How are they constrained in the real world parts? Offset mate constraints might be one method. Mated threaded fasteners might be another. Can you attach your assembly here?

When you open the constrain panel. You will notice in the top right 2 different types of solutions as to how the mates are to be placed against each other.

The 1st is a "mate" which basically forces the to parts face to face.

The 2nd is a "Flush" mate where the two faces face in the same direction.

If you click on the "flush" mate select the to of the bracket (I'm assuming its flat) then select the top of the "pole" (also assuming this is flat) then enter a number into the "offset" box. (eg, 50mm or -50mm depending on which way you want it to offset) Click apply!

Hopefully this will give you a "little" start.

mate box.jpg