Locking An .IDW

vertical horizons

When you create an .IDW, is there any way to lock it, so that the .IDW would remain the same, even if you were to change the .IAM that the .IDW represents?

I created 5 sheets within the same .IDW. Each sheet shows a different portion of the pipeline. I go to the .IAM, and turn off the pipelines that I don't want to be shown for each particular sheet. When each sheet is completed, I create a PDF of it. Then I go back to the .IAM and turn on the next set of pipelines to be illustrated on the next sheet, and turn off the ones that the last sheet had on it.

The problem comes where I go back to any of the 5 sheets.

Depending on which lines are turned on (or off), the .IDW either looks like it should, or is a total mess, until I turn on the appropriate lines again.

You can Defer Updates, but that is on a idw basis, not by sheet.

I think what you really want to do is create Design View Representations and then select the correct Design View Rep per sheet.

Defer Updates.png