Chassis design....can anyone help ??

nikhil

hi JD this is post that u were helping me on...but u dint replied to me from a long time,i am attaching the part file as well as the jpegs of what u told me...i hope now u"ll be able to help me out...

i even have installed the 2011 version of inventor now.

untitled1.jpg

Part1.zip

hi jdits...thanks for replying...well i am designing a 1ru chassis for the servers...i have already attached the part file and for u will also attach the jpeg of what i intend to design...well previously JD was helping me in designing it but i guess he's quite busy these days...anyways help me out if u can.

thanks again for replying

3225-1u-open-back.jpg

10324566-1u-rackmount-chassis-for-single-board-computer.jpg

hi jidts7

thanks for for the part file design...i really appreciate it...i have seen the part file and have designed a new one with the actual dimensions that i want and have also designed the top cover of this design,but i dont know how to place that top cover on this bottom part..my concepts about assemblies arent that clear...so can u help me out with that..also can we edit the design after assembly...bcos i would need to add some screws to fasten the top and bottom part.

i am attaching both the zip files...pls have a look and if possible help me out...thanks again for your help.

Part1 bottom.zip

bottom part.jpg

top part.jpg

Part 2 top.zip

alrite i"ll try it that ways and will let u know...will i be able to edit it once its in an assembly bcos i need to fix the to and bottom part with the help of threaded screws.

While you are in the assy, double click the part you want to edit, the other part will turn ghost and that means that you are in part edit mode inside the assy. There you can make your changes as needed.

hi Jdits,

i am attaching the assembly as well as the part file here...pls let me know if i have constrained it properly.i did edit the parts after assembly,but i am concerned about if the holes that i have made in both the parts after assembly are coinciding or not...

i have to also place the parts inside the chassis..like in the jpeg which i have posted earlier,pls let me know how to do it..

Assembly2.zip

assembly 2.jpg