Autocad Inventor Simulation 2009 crashes during start up.

jomama

I recently started using Inventor last week on my Windows 7 64bit Dell laptop. Inventor worked great for the first week but now everytime I start it up, it crashes during start up with no error codes.

It Reads: "Autocad Inventor 2009 has stopped working" and gives you the option to debug or close program. Debug just hangs up forever.

I have read many random home made type solutions on the web but think there should be a Autodesk type solution to this problem.

Can anyone help with this problem? Thank you Joe.

Is actual inventor crashing or when you try to switch environments to Simulation?

I had an issue with 09 locking up during start up and it turned out to be the location of some temp file. Basically it was trying to create a temp file each time but couldnt overwrite the file that was there. Its been awhile since I had to fix the problem, for awhile I would just delete the folder before startup but I think i found a fix for it somewhere. Sorry I cant be more help.