Section view

abishop

I have round cylinder part with an angled hole to put a set screw in to "Clock" the cylinder. I want to do a section view threw that thread Hole feature. In the side view i try to create my section and it doesn't recognize the center line of the hole and won't pic it? How do i or can i do an offset?

Thanks

Andy B

hi JD i have started a new thread with the name "chassis design" and have also attached the zip file as u asked me to post in thread and not private msg u...but still u dint checked it.

I can't. It is a govt project. Sorry.

You can't say if it is an ipt an iam or an idw?

You can't make up a simple dummy file to attach here with a cylinder and a hole?

I would change jobs if I couldn't figure out a non-classified technique of describing my design intent in order to get some help. We spend all of this time learning to communicate design intent with geometry - let's communicate with geometry. (or at least a pencil and paper sketched picture)

I guess I could work up examples of the three possible scenarios I think would answer your question and then we could play a game of 20-questions if I don't hit the mark on the first attempt.

Edited by JD Mather

hi JD i have started a new thread with the name "chassis design" and have also attached the zip file as u asked me to post in thread and not private msg u...but still u dint checked it.

Are you stalking JDM? I don't see a need to post something like this in a thread started by someone else about a different subject. Show some patience. The man has a full-time job and is volunteering his time and efforts here to help people like you.