UNABLE TO RUN AUTOCAD Error Message YOU DO NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT RIGHTS

Old Timer

I have been running Windows 7 and Civil3D 2011 for a couple of weeks, and then something went wrong.

I haven't been able to get AutoCAD to go past this opening error message (at the same time the Screen Splash is displayed)...see attached Screenshot

"UNABLE TO RUN AUTOCAD. THIS MAY BE DUE TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

1. THIS VERSION OF AUTOCAD WAS NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY.....

2. YOU DO NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT RIGHTS

I am the only person in my office that is using AutoCAD, but it seems that something to do with User Profiles etc.. are not letting me run AutoCAD

I have uninstalled several timne, deleted all traces of the install, deleted registry keys (per AutoDesk recommendation http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=7281983&siteID=123112).... no luck

[ATTACH]23156[/ATTACH]

Anybody have the same problem ever ?

I have a deadline in 4 days (so I am using my laptop in the meantime)

ErrorMessasge.jpg

Have you run any diagnostics on your hard drive? Any problems with other programs running on this computer?

It's hard to believe you had the program loaded and running when all of a sudden you get a splash screen suggesting a bad install or loss of admin rights.

Have you considered wiping the drive completely?

• 3 weeks later...

I had exactly this same error happen on an xp machine about a month ago. It happens with both autocad 2010 and trueview. Don't know why, both were installed and had been working for months. Computer contracted a virus, had to get an outside computer company to remove the virus and after that is when the problem started. Don't know what the resolution turned out to be, left the company before it was resolved. Leaving had nothing to do with this problem, company is in dire money straits and was forced to trim down, may close altogether. I tried uninstalling both, and reinstalling, but it did not solve the problem.