AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite 2011 V's AutoCAD Inventor Pro

Ste1978

Hi,

The company I am currently at are looking into purchasing Autodesk Inventor. They have highlighted the AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite 2011 as a potential. I am wondering if we would be better biting the bullet and getting the Full Autodesk Inventor Professional package. Can anyone point out any major differences? I understand the LT version does not have tube & pipe runs and cable and harness environments?

The Autodesk website is not very informative on what the differences are, either that, or I am not looking in the correct place!

Any info/links appreciated.

Thanks

S

You might not need Inventor Professional, but at least get AutoCAD Inventor Suite (Not LT).

LT - no sheetmetal, no assemblies (maybe some other no nos) single part modeling. (maybe good if you also have other seat of standard for another person and one person designs only single parts)

Suite (or whatever they call it) has sheetmetal, assemblies, frame generator - most of the commonly used goodies.

Routed Systems - piping and wire routing.

Analysis - FEA and Dynamic Simulation.

Tooling - Plastics mold design.

Pro - all of the above (except LT).

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/autodesk_inventor_2010_faq.pdf

Thanks JD. We will be doing mainly sheet metal and piping routes so I'm going to stress to the buyer how Inventor Pro would be the package most suitable, at a minimum, Routed Systems package.

Cheers,

S