loft orange wedge? :P

kinglevel

Hi

Long time since i was here, my progress with inventor is awesome.. thanks to you all! :D

Now, ive ben able to solve lots of problems of my own.. but i dont really know how to do this one.

Well i call it an "orange wedge" couse we use that in sweden to describe the shape.

How to loft it and unfold it? :glare:

Take a look at the attachments.

cheers

Part1.zip

orange wedge.jpg

now I don't know Inventor but perhaps you are thinking of this from the wrong angle. You need some sort of thickness to the peel, even if just very thin, so can't you take on of the peel-lines and offset it inwards (towards the center of the orange), close the sketch and use Revolve? Then flat-pattern it?

well.. yeah thats also possible.

The main idea was to do a fin for a boat.

But we have now solved it by taking two sheets and spot weld it. more by hand and less accurate.

as you see on the image, it would be great to know how to fold it togheter for more accuracy.

fena.jpg

Just as a starting point i probably would revolve this shape and not loft it. Since it did come from a sphere. As far as flattening in im not sure off the top of my head. Its a piece that would need to be formed and not just bent so im not sure if/how you can flatten that.