Sheet Metal Cut from Sketch

sbfishy

I'm designing a sheet metal part with several holes of different sizes and shapes in various locations. I'm used to Catia for 3D modelling, in which you can select an entire sketch to make a cut. Is there an Inventor equivalent so I don't have select every single profile from a sketch?

I suppose I could use the Hole command for circular holes (once for each of the several sizes), Punch for common-shaped holes, and Cut for the remainder, but this seems like a hassle when I'm used to just making a sketch and using the Pocket command once.

Seems like it should be something easy, so feel free to point out any gross oversights...

Can you attach the file here? I don't think what you are looking for is in Inventor. One thing to watch for is you should generally use feature patterns rather than sketch patterns if applicable. Create punches if you do sheet metal for a living. If you do this type of work on a less regular basis then just do the extra work in selecting each profile and move on - don't spend time getting frustrated comparing to another software. Not worth it.

Oh well, now I'll know not to waste my time on the sketch next time. The .ipt is in the zip file attached. As you can see there are several different hole sizes, so I was hoping to just cover it in all in one command. Let me know if you think of anything else.

082778.zip