Student Version Inventor to Regular Version

bdanielson

Hello,

Currently I am a student using a student version of Inventor. I am working on my senior design project for school and contacting fabricators to make up some of the parts I have designed.

Some of the contractors are asking to have a copy of the Inventor file as seeing that they use Inventor as well. I though I read somewhere that people have issues with the STUDENT VERSION banner on the .dwg files transferring over to the regular version of Inventor and staying with that copy of the program, even with different files.

I guess my questions is, will there be any issues opening a file created in a student version of Inventor in a regular licensed version of inventor?

Thanks for the help!

No trouble opening the drawing file that I'm aware of although at least one if not two warnings might come up. Just tell anyone you are sharing it with NOT to use content created within your drawing in any of their drawings unless they would like to see the "Created with an educational version of Inventor" (or something similar) appear in their drawing. Tell them to think of it as a virus and that should be enough to scare them.

• 2 weeks later...