Becoming a AutodeskInventor Instructor

Gno

Hey guys hows it going.

Does anyone have some insights on steps to becoming an Instructor for AUI? Ive been using Inventor for a little over 3 yrs now on my own time. I plan on going for my Associate and Proffesional Exam/Certificate, and want to know what are the usual requirements/steps for teaching a Cont.Ed course.

Does anyone have some insights on steps to becoming an Instructor for AUI? Ive been using Inventor for a little over 3 yrs now on my own time. I plan on going for my Associate and Proffesional Exam/Certificate, and want to know what are the usual requirements/steps for teaching a Cont.Ed course.

What is "AUI"?

For teaching a continuing education class at a local High School or Community College I don't think the requirements are particularly stringent other than that the demand for such a class exists and you can convince the hiring authority that you can teach the course.

You might begin to prove your qualifications by volunteering to do a presentation at your local Autodesk Manufacturers User Group meeting.

Get the Associate and Expert certifications.

Provide some free tutorials on the internet to demonstrate your abilities.

Perhaps submit a presentation proposal to AU (http://au.autodesk.com), but be aware that these are difficult to get accepted.

:lol: i was trying to abbreviate for autodeck inventor. Thanks for the info JD. I actually just odered the Mastering Autodesk Inventor book last night to help prep for the exams in addition to any other requirements needed. On the autodesk site there is a 100 hr of hands on application required to take the associate exam. Does that mean in general or do you have to put in time at a facility like an intership?

At one point i was actually setting up to take some courses @ PCT before realizing that is was two hours away from me, did you guys every get around to setting up a course for Inventor Simulation and Stress Analysis? That was the last I spoke of with Craig M. a while back.

Again Thanks. Im open to any suggestions and recommendations

I think those are recommended preparations - not requirements.

If you are willing to fork over the dough you can take the Associate exam.

I do an FEA, and level 1 & 2 Dynamic Simulation courses in our regular product design curriculum. I could do ATC classes on the topics if there was a need (3 or more students).

You might get this book http://www.vdssolutions.co.uk/ if you are interested in DS.