how to design this

nikhil

what are you struggling with? the circles could just be a simple revolve and the fixings could be created through a 3d sketch and sweep command.

Hello Nikhil,

You don't need to bother. I have created these things in the past but all you need to do is logon and register with "3-D Content Central" and you can download this kind of thing from the commercial sites and users registered thereon.

Go here: http://www.3dcontentcentral.com/default.aspx

Don't worry that this is a SolidWorks originated site, you can download the file in whichever format you chose. Just search for fan guards and pick the size you want.

PS - I see you have used one of the images from my model to illustrate your needs :wink:.

Dave

hi dave,

yes ur right i have used it from ur model,as u have helped me previously with in designing some 1ru rack mount chassis,dave u also promissed me to give the notes or tutorials regarding the basics of the inventor.i m still looking forward to recieving it.anyways thanks again for helping me out.

Nikhil