screen captures for new users

Jef!

Hi there!

I just suscribed, posted a topic, took maybe 1 hour to explain all my problem (2D cad, issue regarding block insertion), joined few screen captures hosted on imageshack(dot_us). The preview appeared just fine, but when I posted, a message poped up at my screen. I didn't read it because it disapeared too fast.

My question being: can the #5 rule "You will not be allowed to make posts that include links or email addresses until you have made 10 posts or more in the technical forums. This measure is to prevent spam on the forum. " blocked my post because of the screen captures hosted on imageshack(dot_us)? Is it hidden somewhere pending approval from an admin? Do I have to rewrite the hole topic? Do I have to spam 9 topics to have my 10 posts so i can join a screen capture to help you guys help me? :D

Thanks

Jef!

Welcome to the CADTutor forum Jef!

A moderator can answer all of your questions. I'm sure one will be by shortly.

One word of caution. Spamming 9 topics or just posting any unrelated comment in 9 other threads is a sure way to call unneeded attention to yourself. Don't want to wear out your welcome before you even settle in, right?

Thank you ReMark!

Don't worry about the spamming, as I was just kidding. I've been creator/admin of so many forums, I know that spamming is in the top 5 to-do-list to be kicked out. ^^ I always try to put a bit of humour in my texts, thats all.

It should take less time to rewrite my topic once i'll have my 10 posts, because I wrote it twice already: by the time I hit the "post thread" button on my first try, I was logged off, so I lost my message upon re-loging on. I have so many experience in forums, yet as unbelievable as it sounds that bug always catches me.:lol:

I think i'll add that sentence as my signature:

Dont forget, Jef!,

1) ctrl-a

2) ctrl-c

3) hit "post reply"

:)

I have approved your thread, but to avoid having your posts moderated in the future, just upload your images here in the forum. Click the "Go Advanced" button and then scroll down and click the "Manage Attachments" button.

AutoCAD 2008.

What field do you work in Jef?

I'm a draftsperson in the show business, for the Cirque du Soleil. And you, which field are you in?

I have approved your thread, but to avoid having your posts moderated in the future, just upload your images here in the forum. Click the "Go Advanced" button and then scroll down and click the "Manage Attachments" button.

Thank you very much CAD64!

I really like to choose where in the text to put my images, instead of having few images joined in few attachments, I find it a lot clearer. Will my posts all be moderated like my first one, or will it be only the first 10 posts? If that'S the default behavior, then I'll have no choices. I guess I could manage to do that without losses of clarity. :)

No, it's only until you've reached 10 posts. Once you get to 10, all restrictions will be lifted and you will have all the benefits of regular members, including the ability to link to file hosting sites.

I work for a specialty chemical manufacturer but have a background in a handful of other fields.

I know a couple of people in the show business field. One is a costume designer and the other is a sound engineer. Both work in NYC.

Glad to have you join us. Hope you have an insightful and pleasant stay with us. Join right in.