Can a high school student get a free version of Inventor too?

ehteam

So I'm just a high school kid, but I'm wondering if I can get a version of Inventor (autocad would be cool too) for free. I found the page but I don't have a school email and my instructor isn't sure about how the invite a faculty member thing works. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Im pretty sure you can but you will have to register at www.engineersrule.org. Fill out all the information and wait for them to get back to you. Registration takes a few days(i think). Once they accept your registration you can download most of the autodesk software from the site.

If your instructor can't read the Invite instructions then you can read the same instructions to figure out the process.

Any student anywhere can get AutoCAD and Inventor for free 36-month license along with around 20 other Autodesk titles.

Free 36-month license? I'm going back to school! That deal is too sweet.

Well, the new 36-month license worries me. Does that mean Autodesk is going to end the free student license sometime soon? Why would a student want to use old software (for the past 4 or 5 years we have always been able to download the latest release - so a 13-month license was fine). We'll have to wait and see with the next release....

So far Autodesk hasn't let me get by without a school issued email whether I apply as a student or faculty member. I might have to wait a day or so though

...whether I apply as a student or faculty member.

I would have left this up to your teacher to solve.

If you are a student you should not be trying to join the community as faculty.