When annotating a drawing, can you polar array text?

Ste1978

See image attached, I basically need to polar array the text around the circular shape to indicate 24 segments. Can anyone assist?

Thanks

Stephen

Pattern.jpg

*note to self, start noting that it is indeed the Inventor forum and not the AutoCAD Vanilla forums*

But just saying, Array-Polar would work awesome in AutoCAD :thumbsup:

*note to self, start noting that it is indeed the Inventor forum and not the AutoCAD Vanilla forums*

But just saying, Array-Polar would work awesome in AutoCAD :thumbsup:

Sorry you have lost me. I know I can Polar Array in normal Autocad, I want to do this in Inventor's drawing space (if possible). I haven't been using the program for very long as you may tell.

Sorry you have lost me. I know I can Polar Array in normal Autocad, I want to do this in Inventor's drawing space (if possible). I haven't been using the program for very long as you may tell.

Sorry for confusing you, that was not intended. Just that I composed a reply (with a picture even!) on how to do this and just when I hit Done I realised that you where talking about Inventor. And this is the second time in a short while that I have done that mistake so...ignore me :) And hope some Inventor-whizz comes by and helps you :)

Sorry for confusing you, that was not intended. Just that I composed a reply (with a picture even!) on how to do this and just when I hit Done I realised that you where talking about Inventor. And this is the second time in a short while that I have done that mistake so...ignore me :) And hope some Inventor-whizz comes by and helps you :)

ha! I'm very sorry about that. I recognise your name on here, I'm sure you have helped me out in the past so no problems :)

You can sketch on the view and create a sketched circled with Sketch Only as the control for it in the Format Panel. Then use Geometry Text to align it around the geometry. You might have to play with this a little bit to get it just right. (This will align it with the circle, if you want your text unilateral, then you may have some extra steps, I would look into if I have time today)

Is this what you mean?....

Draw circle

click geometry text

click circle

type away :)

then ok

...............dunno if this is what you mean pal but i hope it helps :)

text array.jpg