Adding Files To Your Vault

vertical horizons

Finally.

My company installed the vault. (We are using IV 2009.) Up til now, every part, assembly, and .IDW created has been placed onto our server.

I need to find out how you put everything that we have created onto the vault.

I have looked at the HELP section on the vault, but have not found any answers yet.

Is there a tutorial explaining how to make the crossover?

Edited by vertical horizons

Our IT guy (if you can call him that) installed the vault today.

What has me confused is that I now have 2 additional icons on my desktop.

• One that reads "VAULT-PC RDC";
  • One that reads "AUTODESK VAULT 2009".

I log onto the first one, and it allows me to create new folders. But, I still do not understand how to add previous work to them.

Once I log onto the second one, I can go in and create new user accounts. And that's about all I can do there.

I am sure adding the old work will be an easy fix. I just don't know the trick yet.

There is a tool called Autoloader that will scan your files and add them to the Vault, but is finicky unless your data and structure is perfect and is really suited for small chunks at a time and should not be done on filestores that are 3-4GB or higher without careful attention.

I should also mention in order to use this tool you should do it locally and not pull from the server. I can go into an entire dissertation on this but I don't have the time right now.

Have you consulted your local VAR or Professional Services VAR?

VAR = Value Added Reseller

Professional Services VAR = A group that does more than just sell you the software, there are Silver and Gold level partners with Autodesk on this.