Not Able To Pan With Middle Button Anymore

vertical horizons

For some reason, when I push down on the middle button of my mouse, I can no longer pan the .IDW. However, I can select the "PAN" button at the top of the screen, and that will let me pan.

Any idea as to why this is happening?

I have restarted my computer, but that didn't help. (Sometimes it does.)

Yes. I am using a wireless mouse.

However, I always use a wireless mouse, and have not had this problem until now.

When I push on the middle button, I can see the hand symbol (pan mode) on the screen. And I can still zoom in & out, using the middle button. So, I can use my wireless button for some commands, and not others.

I have a Microsoft Wireless mouse at home and the software that came with it remaps the middle mouse button to function something totally different, however I can remap it to work normally inside of Inventor. Check that out and give it a try.

Assuming your mouse software settings are correct, try this:

(setvar 'mbuttonpan 1)

Copy the code above, and Paste in at the command line, then hit Enter. Try your middle button again.

Hope this helps!

RenderMan, this option only works in Autocad and the verticals. Inventor does not have a command line.

Sometimes (more often then I'd prefer :oops: ) I see a problem with what I see as a simple solution, and in my haste to help, I neglect the application being used by the OP.

Thanks for the clarification/correction. :beer:

Yes. I am using a wireless mouse.

However, I always use a wireless mouse, and have not had this problem until now.

Change the battery.

(How did I guess this - I was experiencing a similar problem. Most everything worked, but pan would not.) Turned out battery was close to end of life and new battery solved all. I'll get a good laugh if this solves your problem as well.

I carry an extra set of batteries.

Just installed them. Still no pan.

However, I have had these "extras" for a while.

I'm at work, so I'll pick up another pair of batteries tonight, and let you know if that did the trick.

• 6 months later...

Just a suggestion but try a NON wireless mouse and see if the problem still occurs then you can tell if its the mouse or something within software be it mouse settings or inventor issues.

I have found if you have the intellimouse software installed this is a problem. In Inventor 2009 or 2010 it was a bigger issue, but I have not seen it yet with IV2011 or 2012.

I have a Dell wireless (Logitech) mouse that comes with Setpoint software. I have to use Setpoint to set the function of the wheel to Middle Button AND set the function in AutoCAD also to middlebutton. Within Setpoint, I have to select 'Other' from the options list and then from the secondary 'Other' list select middlebutton there. Don't ask me why it is burried so deep in there. I have had the functions of the mouse go back to factory defaults (scroll) when driver updates get installed.

I have been using a Logitech Performance Mouse MX for a little more than a year without issue... Currently looking at getting the Logitech G700 Mouse for additional buttons / customization.

Any updates? I, too, have this problem. I tried replacing the batteries in my mouse but that didn't help at all.

Thanks

Can you borrow a mouse from a friend to try to narrow down the problem to your mouse?