How to use Vault?

Be_cool

As it written in the title, can any 1 tell me how to use Vault. I read some overviews and now I understand how it works...But can you tell me wher can i find step by step tutorials or examples for valuet.

The best possible way I can suggest that you learn vault is by doing the Autodesk 1 day training course. Personally I cannot recommend any good books on the subject. I have never seen any specific to Vault. Those that I own, like "Inventor 2011 Essentials Plus" contain only a smattering of information about vault. You could spend a lot of money on books and not get much specific information about the subject!

One alternative suggestion I will make is that you contact your nearest Autodesk reseller and ask them if you can buy the Vault training course notes. Essentially, on the course itself, all you would do would be to work through these notes with a tutor present anyway. That said, when you run into problems, having a tutor in front of you can be a big help in getting to grips with any CAD program.

Sorry I can't be more helpful in this instance. I have never been a big fan of these "big brother" programs. I well understand their raison d'etre, and I have a lot of experience with similar programs, but thankfully I don't have a need to use Vault myself.

Good luck.

Dave

Thanks for help! U mentioned similar programs to Vault, and their names are...

Is it possible to buy training cours notes on official autodesk website, because no one of our resellers don't want to sell this notes (or they don't have,because they have only basic cours of inventor).

The CAD management programs I was referring to are built into other CAD systems - For instance, I used SDRC'S I-Deas Master Modeller for 26 years, and that had an extensive data management system, which I personally maintained.

If you have a drawing office of more than two or three people collaborating on the same project, and there are lots of revisions to maintain, then data management makes sense. If not, then it can be a real pain in the proverbial.

Fortunately, I now do most of my work from home, so I control exactly what happens on my system. I don't need, or want, data management telling me what I can and can't do.

For single users, using Vault makes very little sense.

Re the training course notes - I guess it depends on where you live and the abilities/attidude of your local reseller. I reside in the UK and I know of at least one local reseller that would have no objection at all to selling me their course notes.

Regards.

Dave

Well I have 8 colleagues in office and we are collaborating on the same project very often. Also we need to menage what, colleagues from other sectors, can or can't see, do some changes...

Is it possible to get the training course notes in pdf, ofc i will pay online. Or u have any other suggestion?

And once again thanks a lot! :)

Like I said before, it would be best if you got your company to pay for a training course - definitely the most cost effective way of doing it. Then, whomever goes on the course, can train the others.

If you still wish to go down the course notes route then I suggest that you either phone or email this reseller:

http://www.quadrasol.co.uk/

Ask for Mr. Steve Livsey, and tell him that I put you in touch. I am not promising anything, but I feel sure that if they can help you they will.

Regards,

Dave

Actually, that's the first time that you have told me your location.

I can appreciate that you probably have a shortage of Autodesk trained resellers in Serbia, so that only leaves a few avenues open to you as far as I can see:

1) You download and watch as many video tutorials as you possibly can.

2) You try and work your way through it by yourself. Testing and learning as you go.

3) You contact the people I mentioned and hope they can help you come to some arrangement over the course notes.

4) You find an Inventor CAD consultant in Serbia (not a reseller), that knows Vault and is prepared to teach your staff.

5) You get your company to fly you over to the nearest training centre, either here in the UK, or somewhere in Europe.

BTW - do you have a first name?

That's about the limit of things I can suggest.

Regards.

Dave

Edited by Hopinc

Good luck Alexandar, it's been nice chatting to you.

It's a shame really that I can't help you more. I was scheduled to go on a Vault training course myself before I was made redundant by the last company I worked for as a full time employee. I guess I held off too long taking advantage of that opportunity. C'est La Vie.

As no one else on the forum is jumping in to offer help it's now down to you.

Regards and best wishes.

Dave

Well pleasure is all mine in this chatting...

In case that i have problem in comunication with employers from quadra solutions, can i contact you so you can explain them what do I actually need (cours notes).

Regards

Alexandar

I really don't think you will have any problems communicating with Quadra Solutions. Your written English is quite understandable. If you feel that your spoken English is not quit as good - just email them.

If you experience real problems, by all means ask Steve Livsey to give me a ring - he is a good guy! In fact, all their Autodesk trainers are top notch.

Regards,

Dave