ground plane

rdharvey

I have come to a model that was initially started by the previous design engineer, i have started to assemble up the product and tried changing the scene to the spherical field but the product comes through upside down as the ground plane is at the top! can this be changed? if so how?

right click on grounded part > uncheck grounded > and then constrain surface you want with one of origins (YZ,XZ or XY) > check grounded for the same part.

If i have properly understud your problem...

awesome! cheers dude. so annoying when you come to models and can't figure out what they was thinking when putting it together lol! frustrates me when people just bosh things together!

Hi Rob,

If you are talking about the background spheres e.g. Desert Dawn Road etc, these are lighting styles and their orientation is controlled by the Front view of the View Cube.

Orientate the model with the view cube so that it is the right way up and then right click on the view cube and select "Set Current View as Front"

N.B. this also controls shadow and reflection ground plane.

Hi Rob,

If you are talking about the background spheres e.g. Desert Dawn Road etc, these are lighting styles and their orientation is controlled by the Front view of the View Cube.

Orientate the model with the view cube so that it is the right way up and then right click on the view cube and select "Set Current View as Front"

N.B. this also controls shadow and reflection ground plane.

Thanks! :D