Need help making this shell into a sheet metal part in Inv 2008

sodapop808

I need help visualizing the best way to make sheet metal parts with tapered flanges that can be driven from Parameters. I can totally create the part in the sheet metal environment, but can't get the flanges to taper or the fold in the face to work. I have tried to make the attached shell into a .050" sheet metal part, but the corners cause errors and I can't make the edges into bends. I know it should be very simple, but I am an inventor newbie. Any tips would be greatly appriciated. I am using Inventor 2008.

Sheet Metal.zip

Any ideas? I have made a more simple panel without the faceted face, but the corners is where I run into trouble. Is no one answering me because my question is dumb.

Also, not too many people can help you make this directly since 2008 is almost four years old now. Not many people still have it on their systems.

Take the End of Part marker and roll it up to the beginning of the file. It will look like there is nothing there, but what it does is un-calculate the geometry and makes the file MUCH smaller. From there zip it up and I can roll it back down.

When you say "Take the End of Part marker and roll it up to the beginning of the file" do you just mean to collapse all children? When I do this and zip the file, it is still 456kb.

Ok. I went and got Inventor 2011... and was able to use lofted flange to my benefit. :) However, I still can't get the very last flange to come from the angled face and stay square and plumb with the "back" of the panel. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? I am so new to Inventor, it could be a very simple thing that I am overlooking, so don't think you will insult me by saying "did you try this, dummy?"

Faceted AL 02.zip