Frame generator

rdharvey

grain%20store.jpg

I'm designing a barn and want to use the i beam frame generator to produce in the above image. Can any one help me out? i've not used the frame generator, I HAVE HAD A BIT OF A PLAY WITH IT BUT I'M STRUGGLING I THINK IM MISSING A CRUCIAL STEP SOMEWHERE...

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY VIDEO TUTORIALS? ALL THE ONES I HAVE FOUYND ARE REALLY BASIC.

THANKS

yeah,

skel1.jpg

thats my skeleton and i have managed to do some framework, how do i go about doing the pitched section for the roofing?

Just select the lines to place the frame members and then use the Miter tool (or trim, whatever is appropriate for the end conditions).

it wont let me select them for some reason... I have made my skel then the first frame members. followed by the new sketch. hmmm its baffled me.

ahh i see, i was watchin a you tube video by rob cohee and he used sketch :/ i'll have another watch see what i have missed.

thanks

ahh i see, i was watchin a you tube video by rob cohee and he used sketch :/ i'll have another watch see what i have missed.

thanks

I haven't seen the Cob Rohee video - but if you find that he wasn't too clear about that make sure you let him know, he is very open to contructive criticism and I'm sure he would like for other users to not experience the same difficulty.