How turn OFF the tangent/Intersection lines in .idw?

CAnnondale

Hi Guys,

How do i turn-OFF the tangent/intersection line in .idw?

I have checked on the Drawing View dialog box the options Interference Edges & Tangent Edges are unchecked.

Tangent lines.jpg

How is that modeled? Doesn't look like some of those lines should be there in the first place unless each of those is a separate part - and towards the right side it looks like a change in pipe size.

From the looks of that and assuming you do have tangent edges turned off - you have part edges. You wil have to right click on those to turn off the visibility. I would leave that one on the right side visible where there appears to be a change in size.

How is that modeled? Doesn't look like some of those lines should be there in the first place unless each of those is a separate part - and towards the right side it looks like a change in pipe size.

From the looks of that and assuming you do have tangent edges turned off - you have part edges. You wil have to right click on those to turn off the visibility. I would leave that one on the right side visible where there appears to be a change in size.

Hi JD,

Sorry for the late reply.

They were modeled using the Design>Insert Frame. Yes, you are right there are two pipe size 16" & 18" they were rap with blankets.

1. I created a 2D Sketch as a guide for my 3D sketch then, I create 3D sketch out of the 2D sketch points. Save file as ,ipt.

2. Open new assembly and place the created .ipt and then, invoke the Design>Insert Frame.

BTW, there are multiple line segments along it.

Hi CAnnondale,

Don't forget their is a 'Merge' option on the insert frame member dialogue box if you wish to have one continous section rather than multiple sections.

Regards