Mirroring a Framework display WRONGLY!!!

CAnnondale

Hi Guys,

I have problem with mirror feature. It does not seems to be mirroring correctly. What could be the problem?

Please see image below and also I attached the .iam.

Any help is well appreciated.

FrameWork Mirror.jpg

Edited by CAnnondale

First rule of Inventor assemblies...

They do not contain the parts, they reference them. If you provide only the Assembly, there will no parts in it.

Hi Mark,

Oppsss, so sorry for that, I forgot to do a Pack&Go. I will do that once I am back in the office.

Anyway, Base from the example image. Do these error occurs or its just a matter of users error...

BTW, I have created the channel and published it.

Hi Guys,

Willie, I tried to simulate your problem, but without success. My mirrored assembly is just 4 parts, but it proves to you that Inventor mirror works OK.

It will be interesting to see your files.

Regards,

Dave

mirror.jpg

Hi Guys,

Willie, I tried to simulate your problem, but without success. My mirrored assembly is just 4 parts, but it proves to you that Inventor mirror works OK.

It will be interesting to see your files.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I have a query. I noticed that you have used multiple parts! Am I correct?

In my case I did use the Frame Generator by using a customized member and publish it.

Hi Willie,

I did not realise that you had used the frame generator, now you bring it to my attention I can see that clearly in your assembly's history tree. Sorry about that, I should have looked more closely. You are quite correct, my assembly is just two parts mirrored.

I haven't used the frame generator for a while. I will refresh my use and try again to simulate your problem.

BTW- Pack & Go always collects a vast amount of information that more often than not is irrelevant (despite using all the filters available).

It does however collect all the necessary data when it is spread over many sources, and it has it's uses, but I prefer to avoid it if I can.

These days, I keep a copy of all the parts of an assembly in a specific (to that assembly) project directory - including copies of all Content Centre Parts. With everything in one place, and no unneccessary information, it is much easier to control. I never have a problem with broken links.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Willie,

I have an answer for you.

The first attached image shows exactly what you got. The rest show how to cure the problem.

Firstly, when you select the framework to mirror, deselect "Reuse Standard Content Centre and Factory Parts."

Now select each part that you have mirrored (you can do them all at once) in the history tree and then click the green icon "Mirrors the selected objects" button from the top three. You will see the adjacent icon in the history tree change to match and your assembly will be correctly mirrored. Click next and then OK. Sorted!

Regards,

Dave

Willie2.jpg

Willie1.jpg

Willie4.jpg

Willie3.jpg

Hi Willie,

I have an answer for you.

The first attached image shows exactly what you got. The rest show how to cure the problem.

Firstly, when you select the framework to mirror, deselect "Reuse Standard Content Centre and Factory Parts."

Now select each part that you have mirrored (you can do them all at once) in the history tree and then click the green icon "Mirrors the selected objects" button from the top three. You will see the adjacent icon in the history tree change to match and your assembly will be correctly mirrored. Click next and then OK. Sorted!

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave,

No worries about not realizing that I am using a frame generator. :-)

Wow, thanks for that solution it is indeed a big help...:D:thumbsup: