Problem animating in Studio

juansg

Hi Everybody!

I'm a newbie with Autodesk Inventor who has a problem trying to animate a gear reducer for a project at college. I've already made the system and it moves ok with the mouse.

However, when I enter in Studio and animate the first shaft, I cannot get the rest of the components to move. I've been hours and hours trying to figure the problem out both in the program and on the web, with zero luck.

I hope someone can help here. I attached all files (one with assembly, the other one with parts) in case it helps

http://www.acro3d.com/reductora.zip

thank you very much in advance

Dibujo.jpg

Edited by juansg

Don't try to animate a single shaft as it wont work. You'll need to animate constraints. You say you can move the assembly with your mouse... Are you grabbing one of the gears to do this? (most likely). If that is the case you need to add and drive an angular constraint to rotate a single gear and the rest will follow.

BTW, you forgot to add some sub assemblies in your attachment.

Ken

What I did was first add an angular constraint to the pinon gear:

angle_const.png

Then a rotational constraint for the bearing: (you'll want it to spin a little slower):

rotation_const.png

And then animated the angular constraint and driving the assembly:

gear_ani_2.gif

Ken

Can anyone explain more closely what should i do with constrains to make gears move like on the picture above...When I create pair of gears with spur gear tool, gears are fixed and they can't move. Should i create gears separately and ater that make an assembly with constrains or...

Should i create gears separately and ater that make an assembly with constrains or...

That's what I would do... Ground your shaft and use an insert or mate constraint so that the gears spin freely. Add a rotational constraint so one gear moves opposite the other, then add your angular constraint on one gear using an axis or plane. Then drive the angle constraint.

KC

When I create pair of gears with spur gear tool, gears are fixed and they can't move. .

When created as a sub-assembly within an assembly (usual practice), right click on the sub-assembly node in the browser and select Flexible.