adding corners in sheet metal environment

rdharvey

i have produced a sheet metal clamp but for some reason it won't let me add corners?? also once i have done this how do i produce the flat pattern?? Also the attatch file box keeps saying its an invalid file!? any ideas why??

ok so i have selected the flat pattern. but the part doesnt go flat. do i have to change any parameters of the model or anything? not used the sheet metal much :/

Hi Guys,

The reason Rob could not unfold his parts is that he had not set his "Sheet Metal Defaults" to match his chosen material thickness. Inventor could not therefore work out a viable solution.

For anyone else having a similar problem make sure that these parameters match. If you are not using the system default material thickness setting, simply untick it and put the material thickness in the adjacent box.

Regards all,

Dave