Can someone show me how to create a flat surface on top of this plate?

Hawk646

R201-P-12902.zipThis is an extrusion using a surface as a terminator. I need to square the plate at the piont it intersects the surface while maintaining both curves. I have tried several ways but unable to do it.

I had to delete much of the master sketch the plate is based on to get the file down to size but I think I left all that the refrences the plate needs.

Thanks in advance for any help or attempt to help.

PLT1-S-00001.zip

I had to delete much of the master sketch the plate is based on to get the file down to size ...

Why not roll up the EOP to reduce filesize instead? I would simplify sketches with = constraints rather than duplicating dimensions.

Edited by JD Mather

Why not roll up the EOP to reduce filesize instead? I would simply sketches with = constraints rather than duplicating dimensions.

Do you know how to do what I need?

Why not roll up the EOP to reduce filesize instead? I would simply sketches with = constraints rather than duplicating dimensions.

I thought this might be a helpful site but I see by the post you make

that you are much more interested in being critical of others rather than helping them with there issues. That's ok there must be a forum out there that's willing to help.

You might try just answering or just saying I don't know instead of putting down others work.

Tony

Find the red End of Part marker in your browser. (hereafter EOP) Drag the red EOP to the top of the browser hiding all features and then save the file.

Save the file with the EOP in a rolled up state. Zip and attach the file here.

If anyone can figure out your design intent from the partial file that you attached - they are free to jump in here and help.

Have you gone through the tutorials in my signature?

I know how to roll up the end of part. The geometry needed to solve my issue is there. I just need to cut off the sharp edge at the intersection of the plate. I suspect it will be a sweep.

This is a propritary design so I did not include all the geometery. It is part of a water cooled chute.

Can someone please help?

Hi Tony,

I'd love to help but i will be honest i am struggling to understand the shape you are trying to create. Any chance you could describe it in terms of sketch names etc i.e. when you say 'plate' is that the surface or is that Bottom level or Third level sketch etc.

I know it's a bind but the more info you can give us the easier we will be able to help you.

sounds archaic but a sketch of what you are trying to achieve would help imensly - a picture tells a thousand words.

Hi Tony,

I'd love to help but i will be honest i am struggling to understand the shape you are trying to create. Any chance you could describe it in terms of sketch names etc i.e. when you say 'plate' is that the surface or is that Bottom level or Third level sketch etc.

I know it's a bind but the more info you can give us the easier we will be able to help you.

sounds archaic but a sketch of what you are trying to achieve would help imensly - a picture tells a thousand words.

The "plate" is the attachment R201-P-12902, which was derived from the attachment plt1-s-00001. I only attached the "master sketch" plt1-s-00001 because it is required for r201-p-12902. I just used a plane offset from the part and sketched a shape to use as a cut. I had done that yesterday and kept getting an error. I tried it again this morning and realized that using the "all" seletion in the extrusion dialog did not penetrate the part. I gave it a distance (longer than the cut needed to be) and it cut it just fine. I have no idea why "all" did not cut far enough but with distance it worked fine.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I am new to this resource forum, but it very quickly became obvious that Dr Mather gives a huge amout of his knowlage and free time to help very many users, both experianced and inexperianced alike. Hawk646 your lack of respect and rudeness astounds me. Without Dr Mather and others like him those of us who DO apreciate thier efforts will be lost in a world of questions unable to find logical and usful answers. Please please have more respect. Jon Arklay