Constraints

AFitchguy07

I am having trouble getting this assembly to move back and forth. I can't get the constraints to work properly w/o errors.

Here is the entire assembly file and it's dependents:

> Original

> Redone

Capture.jpg

Edited by AFitchguy07

as in if you read the error its having problems rebuilding a feature of geometric references have been lost. although sometimes the error boxes are useless haha. i'll have a look when i get chance.

as in if you read the error its having problems rebuilding a feature of geometric references have been lost. although sometimes the error boxes are useless haha. i'll have a look when i get chance.

Oo yeah i read that too but i don't fully understand what it means. I've only been using inventor since this semester started.

I don't understand why i can't get it to work when kencaz seemed to have gotten it to work with just adding an angle constraint at the two edges indicated in his avi.

right, i have just had a look.

I also have got it to work. I deleted all your constraints and used the insert constraint, you had way to many flush constraints that where not needed.

i then placed an angle constrain and made the constraint driven...

i'll try upload the asm now.

right, i have just had a look.

I also have got it to work. I deleted all your constraints and used the insert constraint, you had way to many flush constraints that where not needed.

i then placed an angle constrain and made the constraint driven...

i'll try upload the asm now.

well i didn't manually add any constraints. They all formed automatically i guess. I was told to make it fully adaptive so if the pin changes diameter, then the other holes would match and i did get that to work. I don't understand the flush constraints (whether they are needed or not).

Okay so this is getting really ridiculous and frustrating...

I deleted all and started over. I built each part separately via part file then put them in assembly and used constraints to get it where i want. BUT now it won't adapt to changes that i make like it did before... such as the hole and length of inner/outer rods.

I will keep the existing zip that has the files that the previous guys have downloaded and edited along with this new one that i have just created. The OP has been updated with these new files.

Thanks again for the help!

Edited by AFitchguy07

Okay so this is getting really ridiculous and frustrating...

I deleted all and started over. I built each part separately via part file then put them in assembly and used constraints to get it where i want. BUT now it won't adapt to changes that i make like it did before... such as the hole and length of inner/outer rods.

I, (we), are aware that the lesson was on adaptivity, however, I think you need to get a better grip on constraints before diving into adaptive parts and sketches... It really makes it easier when you understand how your constraining your parts first...

Just a thought...

KC