How do I know what AutoCAD updates have been installed on computers?

chelsea1307

When a new update comes out an email is sent to all users informing them of the update, linking them to the update, and explaining how to install the update, well now there is a new update for AutoCAD 2011, its update 1.1, so if update 1 is installed then you just install the hotfix if not then install update 1.1. This should be easy, I sent around the email for the hotfix since everyone should have update 1 i sent an email for that too, but now they arent sure if they installed update 1, I thought I could find it was through ACADVER but that gives me "18.1s (LMS Tech)" and i have no clue what that means any suggestions?

Product information gives me - license name, computer host name, serial number, product key, license type, license expiration date, license behavior, license usage type, and license ID - i can access the license agreement from there also but doesnt say what update is installed. The about gives me a product version E115.0.0, AutoCAD 2011 - English Version 2.1

• 3 weeks later...

English Version 2.1 is the correct patch.

AutoCAD displays their patching in a weird way. Brand new, non-patched AutoCAD 2011 is considered "Version 1". It might be displayed as "0" in the About dialog, but consider it as "Version 1". When service pack 1 is applied, it becomes "Version 2". When service pack 1.1 is applied, it becomes "Version 2.1". Yeah, it is a bit confusing. The Version is +1 of the Service Pack number.

So bottom line, if users say "Version 2", they will need to run the hotfix to get to "Version 2.1". Or it might be safer to uninstall Service Pack 1 then reinstall Service Pack 1.1. If they are "0" or "Version 1" then just run the 1.1 patch.

Also, you can type ABOUT on the command line to display the dialog with the Product Info.

Edited by Blam
minor edit