Assembly of assemblies?

amerdsp

Hello,

Is there a way to do this? If you have a group of parts already assembled, is there a way to include them in a yet larger assembly, such as replicating a assembly multiple times?

Thank you for your time and help.

--

A

Yes. Your smaller assemblies then become subassemblies of the larger assembly.

I create several subassemblies that reside inside a larger assembly when I create an .IPN. That way, I can manipulate the 'subs' as a whole, instead of having to tweak each individual part.

When using Inventor think of replicating the real world - for example an automobile.

For example an engine is a logical subassembly within the car assembly.

There would also be logical subassemblies within the engine assembly.

If you have created an assembly without consideration of subassemblies you can Demote the logical parts that would belong to a subassembly. The reverse can also be done.

If you want a subassembly that has remaining Degrees of Freedom (DOF) to retain motion within an assembly you must right click on the subassembly and select Flexible.