Animating (a domino spinning and going up and down at the same time?)

Steve_wright

I can't seem to get this to work... is it possible to do this in Inventor 2010 (Inventor Studio)

Do i use the angle constraint and the flush constraint?

(i want the domino to look like it's flying and spinning in the air)

Cheers

Ste:?

Yes, of course.

Right then i will try and figure out ....atm i have an angle constraint and a flush constraint for some reason it aint happy about the two movements at the same time lol

cheers

steve

I haven't checked lately - but if you search Google for Bill Bogan Inventor Studio Tutorials he might have something. He once showed an animation of dice falling and hitting a table and scatttering. Another source might be http://au.autodesk.com on-line classes (look for 2009 and older classes). They used to be linked at http://www.augi.com but that site has changed and I'm not familiar with what is there anymore.

Right then i will try and figure out ....atm i have an angle constraint and a flush constraint for some reason it aint happy about the two movements at the same time lol

cheers

steve

Perhaps you have 2 conflicting constraints... Are you able to drive the constraints in the assembly, (without having to suppress either of them)?

If so, then studio should not have a problem driving them both...

KC

first of all Thank you for the replies and sorry for the delay in replying to the infos...

been to albefura !! for the new year celebrations....it was fantastic!!

anyway Thanks again J D for some useful links there!!

Kencaz i'll check out my constraints later...cheers!!

Steve8)

I would probably have a point(center) of the domino with a path mate. While its "flying" along the path(just a sketch line) i would rotate it. Hopefully that made some sense.

Shift1313

it sort of does make sense..thing is i've never really used this method so when i get a couple of hours where i want to delve into inventor i'll give it a go...lol

Cheers

shift1313 8)

Edited by Steve_wright