Inventor Publisher

shift1313

I use it quite a bit, but I am rather biased in my usage. I could give you a whole list of users and uses of this tech.

You do need the actual Inventor Publisher program (about 2500 bucks) to create new content for publishing.

Yeah i downloaded publisher but im having some license issues with my autodesk products. Awhile back i went in to clear out the older versions of inventor downloaded through the edu site(09 and 10) and since then i cant open IV11. Even after a new download. I need to clear everything out and start from scratch again. I guess what im saying is i havent added my own content to it but playing with the sample files it looks to be a useful tool.

Just knowing that you use it is enough mark. I know about publisher I just didnt have any first hand experience with the app until recently. I think if i actually had to communicate with people in the field or shop this would be a great tool to have. Not really needed for me but still cool none the less :)

Edu users can download Inventor Publiser for free.
do you have to be a registered student for this or can people download it free just to play about with it? (i.e. non-commercial use)

...I need to clear everything out and start from scratch again.

Follow these instructions (similar for all Autodesk products - if you use the manual Registry edit method) http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14893355&linkID=9242018 then run http://majorgeeks.com/Windows_Installer_CleanUp_Utility_d4459.html

Make sure UAC and anti-virus are turned off during re-install.