Query on using WACOM Tablet

CAnnondale

Hi Guys/Gals,

I would like to get your opinion on using WACOM tablet on Autodesk Inventor. My Boss bought a WACON tablet and he ask me to use it. But, I am not sure whether or not it is advisable.

Is it advisable to use it?

I have the same question. In researching this I ran across an old (2008?) post on another site touting the use of a Wacom tablet that came with both a pen and a mouse to use with the tablet. That user preferred the mouse as it had more buttons. Mostly he liked the precision available with the tablet. I am considering the medium sized Intuos 4 wireless. If your online alias refers at all to bicycles then I likely live in your area. If the use of the tablet takes some fiddling around perhaps we can swap ideas.

regards Richard

Inventor 11 suite

The precision you get from the mouse and tablet is no different than the precision you get with your mouse and mousepad. There is no difference when it comes to placing your cursor precisely on screen. Also, the mouse only has a couple of buttons. My logitech mouse has a lot more. And actually, the mouse and tablet combo is more of a drawback than an advantage because the mouse has a sort of felt material on the bottom of it which causes it to drag, and move very slowly on the tablet surface. If you're going to use a mouse, you're really better off using your regular mouse. I never use the Wacom mouse.

The real advantage to the tablet is with the use of the pen stylus when working in programs like Photoshop or ZBrush. That's where the precision comes into play, with the pressure sensitivity, inclination angle detection, etc. I occasionally use my tablet for Autocad work, but it's not really ideal, so I don't think the tablet would offer any real advantage in a program like Inventor either, but hey, give it a try and let us know if it works out for you.

The precision you get from the mouse and tablet is no different than the precision you get with your mouse and mousepad. There is no difference when it comes to placing your cursor precisely on screen. Also, the mouse only has a couple of buttons. My logitech mouse has a lot more. And actually, the mouse and tablet combo is more of a drawback than an advantage because the mouse has a sort of felt material on the bottom of it which causes it to drag, and move very slowly on the tablet surface. If you're going to use a mouse, you're really better off using your regular mouse. I never use the Wacom mouse.

The real advantage to the tablet is with the use of the pen stylus when working in programs like Photoshop or ZBrush. That's where the precision comes into play, with the pressure sensitivity, inclination angle detection, etc. I occasionally use my tablet for Autocad work, but it's not really ideal, so I don't think the tablet would offer any real advantage in a program like Inventor either, but hey, give it a try and let us know if it works out for you.

Richard/Cad64,

Thank you for the inputs. Sorry for the late reply as I was stationed in the field for few days. I did tried it but still prefer to use the mouse & pad.