part name = file name

jjb242

In older versions of Autodesk Inventor the part name would automatically be the file name. In 2011 the part name does not change and I have to manually change it from "part1" to the file name. Can someone tell me how to change 2011 to automatically change the part name to the saved file name?

Thanks,

Jeff

Can you attach a file that exhibits this behavior here?

Are you using the Standard templates or one you have migrated or modified?

Have you installed Service Pack 1?

test2.zip

JD,

I've attached a file. The default template changes the part name to the file name like I want. My template has been modified and migrated from Inventor 10

Thanks,

Jeff

I've attached a file. The default template changes the part name to the file name like I want. My template has been modified and migrated from Inventor 10...

So the default templat works, the migrated template does not. That narrows down the problem.

There was a new option added in 2011 for Save Copy As type Template.

I would try opening your template and then Save As Template.

File>New and test it.

If that doesn't work it looks to me like the obvious solution is to edit your Standard 2011 template for whatever you originally changed in v10 and then use that new template rather than the migrate template.