Is their any other way to move files into new location rather than PACK & GO.

CAnnondale

Hi Guys,

Good day to all. I have these problem in moving/copying files into another location.

Currently, PACK & GO feature is what I am using in moving/copying files into a new location. But, PACK & GO feature also copies/move unnecessary files that I do not need (junked files).

Is there any other way to do these?

Your feedback is well appreciated. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

The only way I can think of is I received a STEP file of an assembly and then when I saved it in Inventor it saved all the parts to that location as imported components. However I lost all the constraints on the model so suppose it depends on how complicated the design is. Might be worth a shot tho. not an expert tho so someone else might have a better solution.

can you not use the design assistant function to move the location of relevant parts? hmmm have a search for that on the web!

I'm very green to the finer points of Inventor but when I first started using Pack and Go I had the same frustration. I played around with the options in Pack and Go and checked all the "Skip" options. Now I get only the model files and no styles, templates, etc...

Maybe that will help?

The only way I can think of is I received a STEP file of an assembly and then when I saved it in Inventor it saved all the parts to that location as imported components. However I lost all the constraints on the model so suppose it depends on how complicated the design is. Might be worth a shot tho. not an expert tho so someone else might have a better solution.

Well thanks for the feedback. I have also tried creating a library as what the tech support to where we bought the software said but, that does not work as well.

I'm very green to the finer points of Inventor but when I first started using Pack and Go I had the same frustration. I played around with the options in Pack and Go and checked all the "Skip" options. Now I get only the model files and no styles, templates, etc...

Maybe that will help?

Thanks for sharing, I will try it when I get to the office

can you not use the design assistant function to move the location of relevant parts? hmmm have a search for that on the web!

Hi Harvey,

I will try that optiona as well, thanks.

Maybe that will help?

Hi dennerj,

Once again thank you. At least it did get rid of the un-wanted files...8)