Post header not displayed

ReMark

Something still seems a bit "off" but I can't put my finger on it. What other changes were made to how this site works?

It has dawned on me that the Post # is no longer visible. That's one feature we had that has changed right?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLW210

• CADTutor

• ReMark

• irneb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It has dawned on me that the Post # is no longer visible. That's one feature we had that has changed right?

You mean the post number shown at the top-right of each postbit? It's still there for me whether logged in or not. Can you supply a screen grab?

Anything we can do to help David?

I'll let you know when I've done some more thinking - thanks for the offer.

So the post # visibility, for me anyway, could be browser related then, is that what you're getting at?

Not sure. I can see it in IE, FF, Chrome and Opera. Here's a screen grab of what I see in Chrome:

post.png

Sorry David. That dark grey bar and the number do not appear but it is browser related. At work (where I am now) I use IE v7.0.5730.13 so I think that is the problem. Just tested with Firefox 3.6 and everything is fine. Must upgrade to IE v8 and that should fix the problem at this end. My bad.

Sorry David. That dark grey bar and the number do not appear but it is browser related. At work (where I am now) I use IE v7.0.5730.13 so I think that is the problem. Just tested with Firefox 3.6 and everything is fine. Must upgrade to IE v8 and that should fix the problem at this end. My bad.

I am using Version 8.0.6001.18702 and still have the problem. I went to using Chrome for now.

Must upgrade to IE v8 and that should fix the problem at this end. My bad.

No, it's good to know that there is a problem in IE7. vB have been trying to fix all the IE7 bugs but it looks as though they've introduced a new one with the current release :roll:

I am using Version 8.0.6001.18702 and still have the problem. I went to using Chrome for now.

OK, that's weird. I'm using 8.0.7600.16385 and can see the post number OK. Unfortunately, this is not something I have any control over. We may have to wait for the next upgrade to fix it.

Strange! In IE7 I see the problem as well (not 8 though). Maybe it's a bug in that particular version of IE8? Anyhow, I'm totally happy with the forum in my usual FF 3.6. And once again, thanks David ... this site is awesome. I'd never have guessed you do it as a hobby, it looks and works similar (or rather better) than most of the other "professional" sites.

Over the last couple of days, since Cadtutor has returned, I've had trouble viewing the forums in Chrome. When clicking on posts, the window goes blank and just hangs, apparently waiting for an ad banner to display. It makes the site nearly unusable. But in Firefox it works just fine. I prefer Chrome, because it generally works faster for everything. I'm using a linux machine, so I have no IE to test (I'm so glad).

OK, that's weird. I'm using 8.0.7600.16385 and can see the post number OK. Unfortunately, this is not something I have any control over. We may have to wait for the next upgrade to fix it.

I am seeing post number and date in IE today, but still getting errors loading page. I am on chrome right now, but I will switch to IE for the rest of the day and post some screen shots for you if you need me to.

For some reason, IE is placing CADTutor into Compatability View. This may be a result of the recent problems. I have manually turned off Compatability View by going to Tools>Compatibility View Setting and unchecking the boxes, in particular-- Include updated website lists from Microsoft. So Far So Good.

Hmm, this seems to be specific to pages with a CODE box. Obviously another glitch with vB. I have to say, their support for IE has been really poor in v4. As far as I'm aware, there are no problems in FF but I realise that's not much use to those of you stuck with IE at work.