Some referenced details not displayed on Master drawing...Why?

Bobtronique

First, many thanks for any replies.

I'm normally exporting material from a 3D model using FILE/EXPORT/VISIBLE EDGES command. Usually, my original 3D has many levels. But this time, it has one level only. Should be pretty simple to export...Surprise! :? This is not the case. Some details are not transferred (as a reference) into my Master. Whatever I do is not working. I made a simple EDIT/COPY which should work. But, it is the same result. Exactly the same details are not copy/paste in the master.

What is the problem? The MASTER or the REFERENCE file? I usually referenced my work using a 'No Nesting' parameter.

Do you have some good solutions?:cry:

Thanks again!

bobtronique, In the export visible edges settings are you picking View or File. If it is set to view only the elements shown in the view will be exported to the new 2D file.

When you attach the file as a reference are you using Coincident or Standard/Saved View? The Standard/Saved view might be placing the ref attachment already clipped.

When you open the HLN file do you see what you expect to see in the 2D HLN file?

HTH,

Bob Mecham

On a side note in XM and V8i you can now attach 3d files to 2d files. The attachments can use the standards views Top, Front, Right etc and the the Presentation mode can be set to Hidden Line. Much more efficient when edits occur to the master model. see screen capture

hiddenline-refattach.jpg

Thanks Bob!

I usually use 'View' as Visible Edges setting. Also, I'm always in concident with my master file. I can see everything when I'm opening the HLN file. It is always at the very moment I accept a command that the 'disappear' occured. Strange isn't it?

I do that very often and normally nothing like this happen. I do not see what can be the change in the parameters. Could the way the original 3D model has been design could be involved? Everything is made rock solid...

bobtronique, this is strange. Can you attach it to a different dgn file?

If you want to see if it is the master 3D model try recreating it using this method.

Create a New 3D file from your Seed File

Reference the 3D master model to the new file

Merge into Master command from the Reference dialog. (this will copy through all the elements in the design to the new file)

Then retry the HLN export using this new file

Attach the new HLN file

HTH,

Bob Mecham

Well,

Let's say, yes, I can attach this hln to an other dgn. But the result is the same. Only 20% of the file appears.

So I tried something different:

I opened the original hln 3D model and copied & pasted (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V) it in a new model (from 3d seed).

Everything was well copied. Nothing is missing.

I exported a new visible edges made from an arbitrary view. Then, I referenced this hln into a new 2D layout. Same result. Only 20% visible.

Said differently, 3D is made of 10 different parts. Only 2 part are visible after the reference was done. In the 3D model, all part were having same level name

and parameter.

Ok, I reproduced also your set of steps. HLN export did represent the model correctly in the preview window (from the visible edges splash screen).

I created a new 2D layout from an original 2D seed file. Still no result...Let's try something else...

I created a totally new 2d layout from an original Bentley seed 2d file. Now I got it. The referenced HLN now appears correctly and totally.

There is something corrupted in my personnalized seed file I commonly use probably.

Dear Bob, my problem has been resolved. Finally, it was surely a corrupted seed file that was involved in this issue. So,

I recreated all my personalized seed files used for my daily work. Now, it is working with each of them.

I'd like to thank you very much for the time you spent with me on this. You helped me a lot to figure out what could be the cause of it.

It was very strange to see a change in a 'what should be a normal behavior'. I never concluded about any file corruption. I was mostly

considering a change in my parameters, but you know, this is a very complicated piece of software. That's why...

Many thanks to you!