a couple issues

Noxumbro

Hey, I'm sure these are caused by something stupid I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to find what it is.

1. when copy/pasting after the first few times the objects start to appear really far away from the cursor, i have to zoom out to even see where they are trying to paste to.

2. randomly commands will seem to be stuck on the xy plane. I switch to left view and dimensioning will only want to measure lines from a top view.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: copy/paste. Pick on the object you want to copy that way when you paste it in another drawing the object should be attached to your crosshairs.

Re: dimensioning in something other than the X/Y plane. You might try reorienting your UCS.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give those a shot :)

*edit*

ok guess I still don't understand. by pick on the object what do you mean? and reorienting my UCS would be going back to top view and then back to left? if so that didn't work

With the copy/paste issue, you might try Copy with Base Point. That way you know where the pasted object(s) will land in relation to the insertion point.

Changing the UCS is different from changing the view. If you use the UCS command while in left view, then the option for View, you have changed the coordinate system. Dimensioning should then work the way you expect it to. When you move back to the top view, use UCS and World to reset the coordinates.