How to cut a 3d model

MonkTheMighty

I have a cnc router and i have a 3d model in max. i want to the the model in to pieces so i can cut it out with the router. basically have a car and i want just have each side of the car and the front back and top in different pieces. if anyone could help that would be great. i have 3ds max design and i have never used it. thanks

Your profile says you have 3DS Max Design 2012? How did you manage that? It hasn't even been released yet. :?

Teaching you how to cut a model apart, or anything else for that matter, will be very difficult seeing as you have never even used the program before. I suggest you get a book or a training DVD and learn some of the basics, then when you have a little understanding of how the program works, come back and ask your question again.

im just that good to get 2012 before it comes out. no i just chose the newest one. where would be the best place to start?

There are plenty of free online tutorials in the links I've posted here: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?29434-***Free-Max-Tutorials***

Or check this thread for a list of sites where you can purchase video training: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?45569-the-best-architectural-training-dvd-tutorials

And check Amazon.com for books.

• 1 month later...
Your profile says you have 3DS Max Design 2012? How did you manage that? It hasn't even been released yet. :?

Teaching you how to cut a model apart, or anything else for that matter, will be very difficult seeing as you have never even used the program before. I suggest you get a book or a training DVD and learn some of the basics, then when you have a little understanding of how the program works, come back and ask your question again.

I have 3D max 2012 too!

I downloaded the trial version from Autodesk website! but I know nothing in 3D max. just learning.

Thanks for the tutorial links :)