Please help me rotate my crosshairs

RasterRoger

I have work to do on a bathroom group that is rotated at 18 degrees. How do I rotate my crosshairs to make this easer to work on?

You have two options.

1. Type SNAPANG at the command line just to simply rotate the crosshair.

2. Type UCS, hit Enter. Type Z, hit Enter. Type in your angle, which in this case would be 18. This will rotate the UCS 18 degrees which is probably what you're after. If you want even better results, after you rotate the UCS, type PLAN and hit Enter twice, and it will realign the UCS back to a normal orientation so you can continue drafting easily. When you want to revert back, type UCS > Z > 0, then type Plan > Enter > Enter, and you're back to normal. This is how I work on weird angled floorplans, etc.

Hope this helps. 8)

Alternatively if the angle isn't quite 18 degrees you can type UCS -> E then click a horizontal line and this will automatically set the x axis in line with the element you just selected with the 0,0 at end closest to where you clicked. The Y axis will always be set from this end so if you want the Y axis pointing up the screen click to the left of the line and if you want it down the screen click to the right end of the line. Then carry on with PLAN as StykFacE describes.

It's easier than I make it sound :)