Editer color to block

studyman

Hi everyone,

Mind if i asking how to change the color of many blocks to one color(such as red). The lines of object do not set to by layer in the blocks. It is annoyed to change the color in blockeditor.

Thanks alotDrawing.dwg

I'm at home so can't look but have you put the drawing elements on layer0? If you put your lines onLayer0 and have them colour ByLayer your blocks will take on the colour of the layer you put them on. Alternatively you can set their colour ByBlock and then change the colour of the block with the properties palette. If you don't put the lines on Layer0 or set the colour in the block you don't get this flexibility.

You can use SETBYLAYER to set the blocks to have their color (or other properties also if you wish, see Settings when running the command) set by the layer the blocks are on (not the layer the linework was drawn on), although for blocks you can't then manually override the color (as far as I am aware of), so the blocks would need to be on a layer(s) where you then define the color (which is a much better drafting practice anyway rather than defining set colors for individual objects).

There are probably lisps around that also do what you are after.