Drawing Units

Sheppy

My coordinates are from 0.0000 to 4000.0000 left to right and 0.0000 to 2000.0000 bottom to top of my Model window.

I want to be able to read other scales : single digits before the decimal point.

Where do I manipulate these numbers?

Hi,

The absolute coordinate along x,y and z axis is (4000,2000,0). I don't know if you want a point at this exact coordinate or you want to draw a line from 0,0,0 to 4000,2000,0. In model space, we work in 1:1. Here I works in mm and hence I start my new drawings using the acadiso.tmp in new..., sets the units (command: units) to mm and also in options|user preferences have the block source content units and target drawing units to mm (Command:Options).

If you want to work in absolute coordinate, it is good practice to turn Dynamic Input Off. Normally we do work with relative coordinate which is very easy and effective. When dynamic Input is on (Toggle F12), you need to type in # first, then the coordinate.

For scale change (example for plotting/printing), we create viewports in paper space and set them to the scale we want. Hence we have have different representations of the same drawing to different scale on the same piece of paper. Use mview or alias mv to create viewport. Right click|Properties on the outer frame and change scale in properties.

Regards,

Nicolas

Ohh thanks Nicolas .. I feel better knowing the 4000,2000 is a common Model coordinate scale. Just didnt seem to be a place to to reduce a 4 digit measurtement to a single -- and or metric to imperial. I shall go and try all your suggestions now ..

Fingers crossed thanks.

Sheppy