No CHSPACE Command

salisbut

I started on AutoCAD about two weeks ago for my company. The drawings that I have done are in a viewport. There are objects outside of the viewport that I am supposed to copy and past into the viewport to use (transformers, anchors, other utility stuff). The problem with these is that they are in paperspace and I would like to copy them into modelspace. When I try to copy them into model space it says "Duplicate definition of block ****** ignored." Is there any way I can turn this ignore setting off? it would be very helpful to be able to copy and paste into drawing instead of doing insert command all the time and finding desired block. Please note from title that I am running autocad lt 2004 and do not have a chspace command.

Welcome to CADTutor!

I *believe* the chspace command came out in 2007; without it (chspace), Copy + Paste + Scale looks like your best bet.

also bear in mind you can select all of the objects at once, copy them to clipboard, paste and scale them in one go. the duplicate definition message means you must be copying a definition (of a block or xref) into a drawing that already has an entity by the same name.

One minor correction...

CHSPACE is an Express Tools command, so has been available since r2000 or longer

CHSPACE was an express tool ... prior to 2007, when it became a standard AutoCAD command. :wink:

but of course, [CHSPACE is] not available to LT.
also bear in mind you can select all of the objects at once, copy them to clipboard, paste and scale them in one go...

^^ Hence my first post ^^

The *believe* the best the OP could do (using 2004 LT), is to write toolbar macro to *help* automate this. :)

Cheers! :beer:

Thanks everyone. AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 is on a shipment to office now so I won't have these problems in future!

That's quite an impressive step up from a crappy 04LT.

That's quite an impressive step up from a crappy 04LT.

A big step up. Some one will be back soon asking for help if they never used MAP3D before.

Salisbut, post for help in the MAP3D forum area when you do. :)

Thanks everyone. AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 is on a shipment to office now so I won't have these problems in future!

"I'm always happy to not help." :lol:

Once we get them hooked on MAP3D and all the geospatial stuff they can do we pop the automatic profiles tools on them for the alignments of those ultitlies lines in Civil3D and you can help.

:P...................

I knew you'd appreciate that one. :wink:

Sincerely, that is one of my favorite quotes of all time... attribution is well deserved; just say the word.

I knew you'd appreciate that one. :wink:

Sincerely, that is one of my favorite quotes of all time... attribution is well deserved; just say the word.

It's all yours. LoL