Firefox 4.0.1 giving trouble with CT

irneb

For some reason the CT pages become unformatted if I view them in FF4. I'm unsure if it's FF, some addon, my infamously SLOOOOWWWWW connection, or CT's site.

capture_05092011_135007.jpg

Though it seems to work fine with Chrome, so I'm guessing it's one of the 1st 2 options. Strangely though, I generally go to 2 other forums also running vBuletin which work fine in FF4. Anyone have some advise?

No it's not FF which is slow. I'm referring to our monopolistic national telecoms company, who have deemed it allowable to give us speeds slower than I had in the 80's on a 4kb/s modem. As e.g. I've been trying to post here through Chrome for the last 45 min. :shock: I finally just gave up on trying to attach something - it's getting worse by the minute! (Edit: it did upload the images, just kept on showing that turning circle in Chrome's heading-bar and no update to the attach page).

It might be an add-on, though I've tried most things, even disabling all add-ons. It still looks disgusting.

capture_05092011_142801.jpg

capture_05092011_142721.jpg

Everything is slow on CADTutor, FF at home and Chrome at work. irneb, I was getting that last week on Chrome from work. Other sites are working fine and fast here, I have had 2 minute page loads on CADTutor today and yesterday.

Seems like the CSS stylesheet isn't loading. I wonder if that's a default setting for slow connections in FF? Does IE have different results, or any other browser?

Must be a thing in FF. Both Chrome & IE7 looks fine - though they load at snail's pace! And IE isn't working perfectly at all - look at the post-headers. But it's not just limited to CT. I even wait 30sec - 1min for the google home page to open. Probably CT is just that bit too slow and FF times out the CSS file.

Strangely we've got 2 separate connections here at the office: A 8MB/s WiMax through Verison / MTN onto the monopoly's (Telkom) backbone. And a dual 4MB/s ADSL backup line directly on Telkom's connection. I change my gateway IP address to swap between them as the backup is usually used for emails only, though I get the same result in both.

Unfortunately I forgot my cell-phone's cable this morning so I can't check if using the Cell-data is better. It usually goes much faster than the WiMax / landline. May have to look at this problem from home this evening. Unless of course it's the entire country which is gone kaput!

capture_05092011_153317.jpg

capture_05092011_153346.jpg

capture_05092011_153437.jpg

In agreement! I had the impression I have used FF4 here as well. Couldn't be sure that it wasn't prior to some update though. But thanks all. At least I have somewhere to look now!

Defiantly the css style sheet not loading. Try pushing Alt - F5 when on the CadTutor site which will clear it from the cache and tell th browser to try to fetch it again.

That's it!!!!! Though it was Ctrl+F5, Alt+F5 didn't do anything.

But now it works! Thanks Dink! I just thought that restarting FF would clear its cache ... probably thought to much :?