Importing 2d from AutoCAD to 3D Studio 2010

Darky

Hi everyone.

I take a look in all the threads about importing from Autocad to 3D Studio. I'm trying to import a simple 2d file cause I wanna work the 3D in 3ds. The problem is that I might doing wrong the passes cause when I open the file with 3ds I can see it and work on it, but seems to be soooo "Heavy" so I can't work normally. Someone can tell me what am I doing wrong?

P.S excuse my english hehe

TY everyone for your time!

hmm... I think I realised what was wrong but I don't understand why. This is a Corner in the interior of a commercial center. So in the Ground as you see in the screenshots there r the furniture too. If I import the interior file to the 3ds I have a heavy file like I said before. I've tried to delete the furniture (2d screenshot) and import again and then I have a normal file that i can work normally on it. But it can be so big the difference in these 2 files?

P.S. is it better when I have to start a model from zero (using AutoCAD files) to use the AutoCAD layers or to just make a block and work with the boxes and layers of the 3ds?

I'm using a DELL XPS M1530

Ground 2.jpg

Ground 1.jpg

Even though you can import the CAD dwg file into Max for use in building your model, it's been my experience that Max really does not like the dwg. So my recommendation would be to just import what you need. Leave the furniture out unless you absolutely need it for some reason. And delete all hatches, text, dimensions, etc. Only import what you need to build the model. And when you're done building the model, make sure to delete all remnants of the CAD file.

Another thought just occurred to me. Is your CAD drawing at X0,Y0,Z0? If not, make sure to move it there before importing. Max doesn't like it when objects are far away from the origin.

didn't know that some more "things" in my CAD drawing could create a file like that one before.Yeah before importing, I used a line in 3d Autocad in x0,y0,z0 so I moved my cad drawing there.

Thank you very much for your time and your help :)