Resource Hacker Access Violation | acadres.dll (Civil 3D 2011)

BlackBox

In the past, I've used Resource Hacker to access certain .DLL files in order to make modifications, for example to change the AutoCAD Splash.

Having recently made changes to acadres.dll for some Land Desktop 2009 users, I figured I'd throw in a similar change for Civil 3D 2011.

However, upon my attempt to open the acadres.dll for C3D, I get the attached "Access Violation" error.

Suggestions?

6-10-2011 3-42-13 PM.png

Which version of Resource Hacker are you using? Are they both 64-bit apps?

I'm using RH v3.4.0.79... Worked fine for Land Land Desktop 2009 32-Bit, failed on Civil 3D 2011 64-Bit. Both installed on Windows 7 Enterprise 64-Bit OS.

You might try Angus Johnson's site and see if this is a reported bug, work will not let me on his site. Seems like it is being treated as a blog/social network site.

This fixed the issue, now I can edit C3D 2011's acadres.dll:

I have been overwhelmed by the interest in Resource HackerTM, the emails of thanks, encouragement and suggestions. It's been downloaded over 3 million times. However, I've moved on to other things and have no plans to continue its development. Please don't ask for the source code, I'm not releasing it, nor is it for sale. Colin Wilson has written an open source Resource Editor which may interest those looking for source code.

XN Resource Editor (

Works like a charm! :D

You might try Angus Johnson's site and see if this is a reported bug, work will not let me on his site. Seems like it is being treated as a blog/social network site.

Same here, I got around it via Cached Google search result, LoL.